Why we are occupying:
We are here to present an alternative to the government’s White Paper, which we believe constitutes an assault on Higher Education, and to build – in support of millions of striking workers – for November 30. We intend to hold an open, free University of Cambridge and invite anyone to hold talks and workshops in our space.
We are here in solidarity with the Occupy Movements, in response to the global financial crisis and austerity measures being levelled on ordinary people accross the world.
We welcome anyone and everyone to come and debate, listen, and take part in the workshops and talks we will organise here. This is a free and open space and university lectures will continue. This is our idea of the university. Not for profit but fair, free, and open to all! Come join us! We are doing our best to make sure that there is a quiet space where people can study- so bring your books, computers and notebooks.
What you can do:
- Come down to Lady Mitchell Hall and Join us!
“I want to help but I’m too busy!”
- Make sure you are on the announcements email list where we will be doing shoutouts of easy ways to help and updates- subscribe athttps://lists.aktivix.org/mailman/listinfo/defend-education-announce
- Become a fan of Cambridge Defend Education on Facebook facebook.com/camdefendeducation
- Volunteer to do some leafleting- for as short as 15 minutes! email defend-education-outreach (at) lists.aktivix.org
- Do shout outs at the beginning of your lectures
- Talk to your supervisors, lecturers, friends.
- Reach out in solidarity with occupations around the Country
- Paper and pens
- Music (instruments, voices, sound-systems)